Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I just bought a SONY BRAVIA 40" HD TV. I have the new Comcast

Customer Question

I just bought a SONY BRAVIA 40" HD TV. I have the new Comcast HD box with HDMI cable connections. After putting in the HDMI cables from the box to the new tv, I cannot get the Comcast XR11 (voice) Remote to find and operate the TV. A Comcast technician will be here on Tuesday to try to hook up the TV. I think that Comcast has not tested the HD box with the XR11 remote and that a simple solution would be to get a non-voice activated Comcast remote.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the TV Technician should know?
Customer: I don't know what I don't know. I got a new HD box for a 10-year old Sony 27" that I hooked up with co-ax cable and it works pretty well although the picture is not high definition and is not as good as the picture with the older box. So there is nothing wrong with the Comcast lines. I guess.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hi , I`m Jack , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;Not sure I`m following you here , are you saying that you cannot operate the new tv with the Comcast remote or that you cannot get the Comcast box and tv to operate together and give you a picture ?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Do you get to see anything and simply cannot operate the tv with the Comcast remote ?If you use the TV's own remote , does that work ,Picture and sound ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot get the operate the TV with the remote. The Comcast remote will not even turn the TV on or off. with the Sony remote you can get it to power on, but even after the box is connected with the HDMI cables, it sends an error message that "something is not right here". turn off thetv, disconnect the cables and turn it back on. There is no tv channel connection with the Sony remote or the Comcast remote. I think that Comcast has not tested the the new voice XR 11 with a an HDMI box and a new Sony.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but something came up and I will have to opt out , I will repost your question .You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.Just stand by and someone should be with you shortly .
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?2- Have you tried to hook another video source such as DVD/Bluray player into HDMI input of TV as a test to see if TV still gives error message?Thanks.