Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Bought Saamsung HL-86188W in 2007. two

Customer Question

***** *****; bought Saamsung HL-86188W in 2007. For past two years its been intermittently turning off both video and sound. I can turn it back on after 2-5 minutes of cycling the power on its remote control. Just replaced bulb and have same problem. Have tried bypassing the bulb enclosure cover interlock switch to no avail. TV is mounted where it receives much circulation. Help?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: More detail like what; ask questions
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back of TV?2- What does the indicator lights on TV front do when TV turns Off itself, do the lights flash?Thanks.