Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Lost connection in previous try. When I first turn on my tv,

Customer Question

Lost connection in previous try. When I first turn on my tv, picture is snowy. A clear "PLEASE WAIT" appears. Then snow and in the top right corner a box appears that says "ATV" on the top line, a "3" on the second line and "NTSC" on the third line. Next appears a floating box that says "No Signal". I checked the connections on the back of the tv and the cable box and they seem ok. In your reply, please be concise because I am not electronically savvy.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.
Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website.To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here...Who is your tv channel provider?___________________________________________________________________** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear ** ** Do NOT start a new question **
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Comcast
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.
Do you get HD channels?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.
Then you need to use the Insignia remote to put the tv on the correct input. Look at the back of the tv where the connection is, it will be labelled. Maybe HDMI 1 or HDMI 2 or similar. Use the INPUT button on the Insignia remote then choose that Input.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.
Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above. Before you go please take a moment to click the 3 to 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other customers. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here and selecting the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue (nor does it issue you a refund).Thank you,Mike
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is on HDMI 1 Then it asks me "Save Name" then the option "Yes or No"
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.
Is this a brand new tv?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.
First time installation?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.
If you are able to select "no", then that is what I would suggest. Besides that message, do you have picture/sound from comcast box yet? If not, reboot it by unplugging it's power cord for a few seconds.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No picture or sound from cable box. Rebooted, no change.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.
Re-seat (unplug/re-plug) the HDMI cable on BOTH ends (back of tv AND back of cable box).
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There's a plug in HDMI 2 so I changed it but everytime I go back to where I make the change AV is still there and not HDMI 2. Then it wants me to tell them whether its satellite, cable or other options.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.
I thought you had the tv set on HDMI 1 already? Can you put it back on to HDMI 1 with the remote and leave it there? Then on the back of the tv, take the HDMI cable out of the HDMI 2 port and plug it into the HDMI 1 port.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There is a plug in both. This isn't working for me. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.
what device is plugged into HDMI 1? bluray or dvd? or?