Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Good morning. time now I have been a box with the

Customer Question

Good morning. For some time now I have been a box with the message " RDMI2 No time information" in the upper left screen This happens when I change channels most of the time and it goes away after several seconds. Sometimes the screen will go black with that message only and I get a loud crack in the speakers and then go to the channel. Very aggravating. Stu Lockrow At;***@******.***.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Hello Stu and sorry you're having problems. That message is actually "HDMI 2 No Time Information" and is caused by either one of three things: 1) The cable box itself.2) The HDMI cable.3) The TV's Mainboard. In order to solve this, you need to start b replacing the HDMI cable with a new one or AT LEAST ensuring the cable you have there now is firmly seated at both the cable box and the TV.
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
The HDMI cable is the most common and likely cause of the problem. However if you find the new cable does not solve it, then your next step is to contact your cable provider and have them swap out the box, as it's emitting excessive DC to the TV and causing the issue. Since you mentioned that it happens usually when you change channels- AND the channel changing all occurs within the cable box, then it's not likely to be the TV.
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Please let me know if you need further assistance once you're able to read my reply.
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am 88 yrs. old on social security and can not afford the $28 a month. Please don't charge again. Your answer to my problem did not help. I have spend hours on 4 calls to Directv and they keep telling me its the TV that is bad. Thank you for your help I guess I will just have to put up with the problem. Please do not charge me any more I'm lucky if I have $20 at the end of the month. Stu Lockrow
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
You asked for help with your problem, and I provided that based on 25 years in this field. So if you didn't want my answer or to try it, and instead want to go with what DirecTv said then you should replace your TV. I've never seen a DTV worker actually in the field- they simply answer phones. However you can choose to do what you wish. I will opt out. I'm not privy in any way to billing, accounts, etc.- I'm an independent tech, not a site employee. You would need to direct those questions to customer service via the home page. I'm simply an AV technician. You can direct billing questions here: http://*****@******.***