Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Suddenly I have no sound through my headphones. It was working

Customer Question

Suddenly I have no sound through my headphones. It was working perfectly yesterday. I didn't do anything to the computer. I even bought new headphones thinking maybe they broke. The headphone jack just seems dead. Is there an issue with the earphone jack in these computers. Nothing is muted. I do have sound from the speakers when I unplug the headphone jack.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Hello, Can you tell me what device it is you're plugging your headphones into (computer, TV, stereo, etc.)? Also, what is the brand and model of the headphones? Are they wireless, or wired, and have you tried them with another source like say, a smartphone?