Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My Vizio was working fine. Now everything is green. What do

Customer Question

My Vizio was working fine. Now everything is green. What do I do?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Well my son-n-law tried to fix it now it looks black and white
JA: Anything else I can tell the TV Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: we do have dish, it is set up with dish control, can't find the tv remote. Just moved the tv to a different room worked great for 2 days.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
Hi , I`m Jack, a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
What type of cables /connection do you have between the cable box and tv ?Is it HDMI or color coded component cables ?
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
If you open the tv`s own menu , is it also affected or appears normal ?
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
I would also require the tv`s model number on the back cover please ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It appears to be normal
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
o.k then this could be a wiring problem between the dish and tv .Are you using color coded component cables ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Model no.V 0320E
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
Thanks Are you using color coded component cables ?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No
Expert:  Jack replied 7 months ago.
would you mind to share with me the type of cables you are using ??
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Dish cables for a Joey box
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Jack has opted out of the question.Can you please look specifically at the back of the tv and tell me exactly what cords you see connected from the joey. There is more than 1 joey model, and multiple connection methods possible. You would have either a single HDMI cable, or you'd have a set of red/white/yellow cables. Which do you have, and where, exactly, are they plugged to the back of the tv (each port on the tv is labeled)
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Single HDM1 cable plugged into HDM1
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for confirming.Do you have a similar issue with any other source/input (dvd, game, apps, etc)?Is the vizio on screen menu working normally, or is that discolored too?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It work fine in the other room and fine in this room until
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
For two days
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Nothing else is connected.
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
I understand that, but that does not preclude the possibility of any of several different components failing or a setting being changed.We need complete and detailed information to properly diagnose the problem. Please proceed to check the menu, and check another device. If you don't have something else connected now, then please connect something so that you can check it.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok well looks like the menu is fine. Don't know what it is spoke to look like
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Well if you are telling me the dish picture is showing black and white, we'd be looking to see if the vizio menu shows in color (there should be some blues and yellows in there).
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Please test some other device (dvd, etc), preferably via a hdmi connection, and let me know the results.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Tv menu black , white word vizio gold
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Okay,Please test some other device (dvd, etc), preferably via a hdmi connection, and let me know the results.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Trying
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Don't have anything with HDM1 to hook up
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Okay, well at this point we could be looking at an internal tv issue, a bad hdmi cord, or a faulty joey.Start by unplugging power to the joey for 60 seconds to reboot. If no change, I'd next want you to test another hdmi cord, if possible. If you can't do that, relocate the joey to another tv and hook it up with hdmi there (don't worry about the satellite link, it will still start up and show the joey logo and menu at least).
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok no change no moving the joey
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok can't get to it.I guess I will have to stop
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
You can't get to the joey?
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
How did you move the system if you are unable to get to it?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I haven't moved it
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
You said you moved the tv 2 days ago, so you would have had to be able to access the joey box to hook it up at that point.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I unplugged it for 60 seconds. Have to get my granddaughter fed and to bed no time I moved the tv to another room not the joey
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
That's fine, take your time, you can get back to me here when you are done. My point was though that if you were able to hook it up, you should be able to access it now to test another cord or hook up the joey to another tv, or even move the hopper and hook it up to the vizio.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'll have to get back to you
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Thanks