Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

I just need the manual VIORE Digital TV Convertor Box

Customer Question

I just need the manual for the VIORE Digital TV Convertor Box with Universal Remote Control (ATB150V) but am having a problem finding it online.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I am having a problem with the autoprogram. I get one channel which is very clear but that appears to be all.
JA: Anything else I can tell the TV Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No. That's it.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
Hi , I`m JackPerhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm here.
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
There are no online manual for this unit so we`ll just see what can be done without it
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
You did find the channel search function and found only 1 channel is that it ?
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
What type of antenna are you using , is it indoor table top type or outdoor ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
Are you in the city , the suburb or country side ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
o.k then you may require a large or larger antenna , what are you using now ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My landlord set me up with a huge antenna. I also have a second antenna I bought. I am at work now but when I am at home I can try it with the second antenna to see if I get better results.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Also, should that "Fixed" setting be on OFF, channel 2, channel 3, or what?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have a lunch appointment now but leave any follow up questions and I will answer them a little later.
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
Is it a rabbit ear type or mast mounted outdoor antenna ?Usually the larger the better but if it is directional then you may have to align it for best reception . Which FIXED setting , is that in the TV's menu ?If that converter has audio video out then it is even better than channel 3 or 4 but neither have a bearing on the reception
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
What is your zip code , I will check tv transmitters close to you ?
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
Let me know when you get back or better yet when you get home.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'll let you know when I get home. My zip code is 71355.
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
This is what you can get in this area /zip code and note the distances ; Click on the colors , the yellow is very likely the one you are receiving , it can be picked up with a small omni directional antenna while the voilet require a large directional antenna pointed at themSo this means that your converter is functional and receiving what it can considering the signal it gets , its not defective .Your best hope of getting those violet would be if you could trim and adjust that large antenna you were talking about.If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions. Thank you