Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Sharp tv wont turn on front light flashes

Customer Question

sharp tv wont turn on front light flashes
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Please let me know how long you've owned the set for and when this problem occurred.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Also please chedck that flashing light, and let me know if it's the power light or OPC light.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
have tv 5yrs would shut off and come back on but now front power light just flashes one slow one fast
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for the reply. Offhand that blink code (1 Slow 1 Fast), and then repeating indicates a hardware fault in the set- most common are the lights within the LCD screen of the set, which is a fatal failure of this set. However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up. The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no luck
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry to hear that and unfortunately this indicates a failure with the LED lamps in the screen of the set. It can also in some cases be related to the power supply board- but voltage testing within the TV would be needed to narrow this down. In most cases you are looking at a faulty panel (faulty LED light strips installed in the panel) which require replacement and this is a major repair on this set. Average cost for this type of repair is $300 if the power supply is at fault- or closer to $600 parts and labor if the LED strips in the panel are at fault. In many cases it makes more sense to replace versus repair on this set.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
You're welcome and sorry for the bad news. If you' like to get a second opinion, or are looking to set up a repair, you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area: Other than that, sorry for the bad news on this one and I wish there were a quick fix. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?