Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Volume automatically going up and down on lg TV. It's only

Customer Question

Volume automatically going up and down on lg TV. It's only 3 years old.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Does it on its own, unrelated to remote control.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I sent the payment and have not heard anything back....
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm reporting this site as fraudulent to PayPal.
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok. What is the problem with it then?
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Your question was marked and locked for 15 minutes to different expert who isn't online.
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.1- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Lw5600. Problem occurs independent of remotes and cable remotes.
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** the complete model number of TV, there are few digits missing in model number info.Also, what video sources/ devices are connected to TV?
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Model number should be 55LW5600 or some thing similar.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Cable box and dvd player. mlds201
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
55lw5600ua
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
OK, Model number should be 55LW5600 or some thing similar?Also, when TV volume goes up/down automatically, does the volume display/ bar appear on screen?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes it does appear
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
OK, working on it, give me 5 minutes please.
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Have you tried to remove batteries from regular and magic motion remotes and does the volume still go low/high?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Removed batteries and yes it still goes up and down on its own
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
OK, how often the problem occurs when turn On the TV?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Intermittent
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
OK, please find the touch control buttons on lower front of TV and clean the area with moist cloth to make sure there is no stains etc are there, turn On the TV and check.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No stains or marks in front of control buttons
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
OK, can you try to clean it as an attempt to see if it helps?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We did that previously when it first started occurring.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We took batteries out of remote, rebooted the TV.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It goes up and down on its own and we cannot control the volume when it does that. Volume goes up to 100 and we try to turn down and it goes all the way down to 0
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** unaware of it. Typing an answer for you that would take few minutes.
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Since all possible user level steps have already been tried out that didn't fix the issue and it indicates that problem is hardware related, there are two circuit boards in TV that can be cause of it, either touch control board which is generating volume high and low command on its own and this signal goes to main processor chip OR the main controller chip has got internal issue and generates volume change command itself.Replacement of touch control board in TV will help to resolve the problem or it would confirm that main board is defective. Please check following supplier link where touch control button board is available for $10 and it worth to give it try if you are working on i yourself..http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg-ebr72671301-ir-touch-assembly.htmIf you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...http://www.tvrepairpros.com/If touch control board replacement doesn't fix the issue then it will confirm that main board is bad and should be replaced. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Do you need any further assistance with this question?Thanks.