Dimmu TV
Dimmu TV, Handyman/Handywoman
Experience:  3 years experience
15852642

Have lg 47LD520. Tv turned on. But nay lines on picture and

Customer Question

Have lg 47LD520. Tv turned on. But nay lines on picture and no sound. Had main board rebuilt and now still just get lines but do have sound and channels
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.
Hi there,Are all input sources affected by this problem?Is the on-screen menu also affected?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No menu. Can not get any use able screen. Using cable input but when TV turns on it is just lines no LG logo or menu options
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I turned on tv just now. Now there is no screen. Looks like back light is on , sound and channel change works.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.
Ok, do you have a voltmeter available to take some test readings?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes. I am a very novice electrician
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a digital maltimeter
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.
Ok, great! Do you have schematics available for the set?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.
Ok, I am unable to locate any schematics here either - I will opt out and let another expert assist you further with this.Pete.
Expert:  Dimmu TV replied 11 months ago.
Hi my name is***** am sorry to hear you are having this problem. Before you rebuilt the main board what problem did the TV had? What was done exactly to the board itself?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Before repair TV turned on, lines on screen, no sound. Now I have sound and no picture at all. PTS Electronics did the rebuild but did not get a detailed listof what was done. Contacting them trying to get details.
At one time before repair the TV had half a screen nothing but lines and the other half was a working picture but still no sound.
Was anything else replaced as well?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No. Nothing else was replace.
Ok was the power supply tested? What you are describing sounds like the main board is still not working properly but the power supply can sometimes cause this as well.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok. Should I make arrangements to have the main board re-inspected . How can I test the power board. It seems like ever thing is getting power.
You would want to test the power board with a multi-meter but this should be checked when the main board is checked. I would bring it back and have it re-checked yes. Normally the entire main board should be replaced when this happens rather than trying to repair the board itself.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I tried to buy a new main board but was unable to find one after searching the Internet for quite some time. Only option was a rebuild. I will contact the company and express the concern that the board was not completely repaired.
I can only find one for sale right now and it is here: Click Here
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I just got main board back. It was retested and found to be in working order but when reinstalled in TV same results.sound and no picture. Checked ribbons and they seem right. When I disconnect ribbons screen goes white. When reconnect ribbon screen is very fantastic no picture just some lines.