Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a DVD Dig. Theater Sys TH-G31. I stream from my laptop

Customer Question

I have a DVD Dig. Theater Sys TH-G31. I stream from my laptop to my big screen, but the TV sound is terrible and I want to run it through my JVC Sys. Currently I hard wire directly from the LT USB port into an HDMI port.
I have a DirecTV and it is wired into the JVC with a Y,Ps, and Pr cable. the three component ports are free but they are output? also the HDMI port, and a Digital Audio is free. The only free choices left on the TV is a Digital, and the HDMI would be free if I remove the wire from the LapTop. I do have 2 into 2 and 1 into 2 cables available. So is there a way to do this?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
The easiest way for us to sort your solution is to have the model number off of the back of the TV. Right now if your TV sound is terrible, we know the audio is running from the TV is that correct?
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Also those connections you mentioned from DirecTv to the JVC are component video- you didn't mention anything about audio connections. So, to elaborate- is the DirecTv audio running through the TV right now or through the JVC? Is the only thing you're looking to get to play through the stereo at this point- your laptop sound? Please reply with specifics since it's hard to tell what you have routed to what in your question.