Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

My samsung flat screen will not unmetered. However when I turn

Customer Question

My samsung flat screen will not unmetered. However when I turn tv on and off it makes the usual sound it always has.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was watching tv and fast forwarded will on my dvr when I stopped fast forward the sound was gone. I've tried unmute, turned tv on and off, then tried the real remote that came with tv along with the fioptics remote
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.
Hi , I`m Jack , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.
I take it that you are connected to a cable company DVR when you said that you FForwarded ?
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.
If so then as cable boxes/DVR are known to cause sound problems , the first thing to try would be a reboot ;Pull the cable box`s power cord off the wall outlet (cable box only) for a minute.In the mean time turn off the tv and turn it back on only after you plug back the cable box power cord.Note that it may take a couple of minutes for the cable box to reboot after you plug it back ,just give it time.Let me know how that goes and please take the time to rate my answer positively (use the stars to rate) if that answers your question
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok will try that
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I feel really stupid that I did not try that. It worked and it reset the volume I can hear it now. I hate to ask this but is that going to cost me $28?
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.
Sorry but I am not privy to any of the money matters or subscription or trials etc. etc. not an employee here but an independent tech. that gets paid by this website once you rate me for my help .But by the look of it yes that is the amount
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok that's fine, I'm really glad the sound is back
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.
Would`ve cost more to have a tech. at home to do the same thing.Much welcome and please do not forget to rate
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sure will, thanks
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.
Still have questions on this ?
Expert:  Jack replied 10 months ago.
If you don`t have any more questions for now then please do take the time to rate my answer by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit , this is how I make a living and that rating gets me paid for my time.Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you have questions.Thanks for understanding .