Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a shart aquos tv. Power light is on even you just plugged

Customer Question

I have a shart aquos tv. Power light is on even you just plugged in the power but no picture & no sound
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It's just a blue screen, no picture & no sound
JA: Anything else I can tell the TV Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: I tried to unplugged it & plug back in, it will turn on automatically but just a black screen. I dont see any blinking light, just a steady white light at the buttom of the tv set
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.
Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website which saves you time and money vs much higher repair shop fees.To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here...1. What is the full model number of the Tv? see sticker on back of tv2. How long have you had the Tv?___________________________________________________________________** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear ** ** Do NOT start a new question **
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
SHARP AQUOS LC-60C6600U..13 months
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.
Thanks. I'm confused, you said the screen is all blue then you say the screen is all black. So is the screen black or is it blue? If you use the Sharp remote, press MENU or Volume or Input, does anything show up on the screen?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It's blue
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Nothing shows up
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.
bright blue or just a barely visible dark blue?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
barely visible dark blue
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.
Ok, that means the power and back lights are working in the tv, but there is a defective Main or Tcon board. At this point the tv will need diagnosis, parts, and service. If you purchased an extended warranty then you need to contact the warranty company for service. Otherwise you can find a trusted local repair shop at www.tvrepairpros.com (unless you have previous electronics experience and want to attempt a DIY repair, then you can reply back here and I will be happy to assist you with that). I'm sorry for the bad news. Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.Regardless of what you decide to do next, please take a moment to click the 3 to 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other customers. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here and selecting the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue (nor does it issue you a refund).Thank you,Mike
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.
Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?