Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I just purchased a vizio D55u-D1 I have sound but no picture

Customer Question

I just purchased a vizio D55u-D1
I have sound but no picture
What am I doing wrong
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.
Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website.To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here...1. What exactly do you see on the tv screen? an error message? or all blue screen or all black or?2. If you press MENU or Volume on the Vizio remote, can you see something on the screen? ___________________________________________________________________** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear ** ** Do NOT start a new question **
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The Vizio sign comes up then it will show picture for a few seconds and screen then goes dark blue
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Nothing shows when you press menu or volume
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.
If nothing shows using the Vizio remote then you have a defective tv and you will need to exchange it with the store where you just got it. But one quick thing you can try is unplugging the Tv POWER cord for 3 minutes, plug it back in, test for normal operation.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.
I'm sorry for the bad news. Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.Before you go please take a moment to click the 3 to 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other customers. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here and selecting the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue (nor does it issue you a refund).Thank you,Mike
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It worked for days with no issues
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
2 days. It will show the picture but then goes to a blue screen. I can use the remote but see nothing
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.
I'm sorry but the symptoms point to a defective component in the tv called the Tcon board. It will need parts and service. Since you just got the tv, you need to exchange it with the store where you got it. If the store refuses to take the exchange then you will need to contact Vizio for warranty repairs.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 7 months ago.
If you do not require further assistance please take a moment to click the 3 to 5 STARS rating at the top of the page before you go.