Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I've just replaced the lamp. Now the tv blinks a couple of

Customer Question

I've just replaced the lamp. Now the tv blinks a couple of times when turned on and powers off, leaving the red lamp light on the panel glowing. I thought it might be the lamp so I bought another one. Same thing. Is it time to take this TV to the dump?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 7 months ago.
HelloWelcome Are you re-fiiting\ closing the lamp cover\door?you must do this for the set to fire up let me know please... Anthony
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
yes, everything has been secured back in place
Where are you getting the lamp's from please and for what price? Anthony
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the Hitachi model # ***** *****
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ebay, from 50 to 90 dollars
Its not a good idea to buy poor quality lamps from ebay and this is likely to be the issue we have endless trouble with these issues you need to get the lamp from a truted source like www.dlplampsource.com <<click
There is a black market in poor quality lamps made cheaply and sold cheaply
Let me know if you need more help the set is indicating lamp failure, please send the lamps back and get a OEM lamp from that web address Please consider rating the answer positively there will be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please reply back and I will address any of your concerns Many Thanks Anthony
Do you need any more help with this please?if not could you please rate the answer positively with the rating bar of stars (3 to 5) at the top of the page note question remains open always Anthony
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I went on the site that you suggested. Their replacement lamp contains their "Titan" bulb at $79 or pay an additional $20 and get the OSRAM PVIP bulb. What's your recommendation?
Its only recently they have started doing this ordinarily they would only sell OEM lamps, I do not know much about the Titan BULB however I do trust the site ideally though the OEM would be better this is the genuine manuf lamp for the set Anthony
How is this working out please? Anthony
Please consider rating the answer positively there will be a rating bar of stars usually at the top of the page, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please reply back and I will address any of your concerns Many Thanks Anthony