Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

We can't turn on our tv. Frontier sent a new remote which

Customer Question

we can't turn on our tv. Frontier sent a new remote which I want to program but I can't turn on the tv with the remote. It is a Samsung flat screen HD
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.
Hello, If you're not able to turn on your TV- let's focus on whether or not there's a problem with the TV first. Forget about the Frontier remote for now and please reply back with the following: 1) What is the model number off of the back of the TV? 2) Does the Samsung turn on using it's OWN remote? 3) If no to #2 does the power button on the TV itself turn the set on?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can't get to the back of the tv as it is mounted in such a way that makes it impossible. Yes, I did get it turned on using the Samsung remote.
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. To confirm, the tv does respond to the buttons on the front/side, and also to the samsung remote, correct?If you use the samsung remote, and go into its settings menu, under the Help or Info section, it should show some model information there, can you tell me what you find?