Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

I have Samsung dlp tv modelHL-85087wx/xaa tring to reset the

Customer Question

I have Samsung dlp tv modelHL-85087wx/xaa tring to reset the lamp time but can;t finr reset timer on the menu.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
Hi , I`m JackPerhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;Do you get a message on the screen about a counter or lamp timer reset or anything else ??
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
In any case I will give you your answer and trust you will do the right thing and rate me positively after reading it .This is how you reset the lamp hour meter ;1.Turn off the TV.2.Point the remote control at the TV and press the following buttons in this order: “Mute,” 1, 8, 2 and “Power.” ...3.Press the down arrow on the remote to scroll down to “Option.” open that4.Scroll to “Reset Lamp Timer” and press “Enter.”5.Press the “Power” button on the remote to turn off the TV.6. let the tv sit power off for a couple of minutes .Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help . Thank you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It did'nt answer my question,what I'm looking for is when I press option and scroll down I do not see the words reset lamp timer on the menu. thank you.
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
What menu are you talking about , the service menu or the user menu ?You wont find that in the menu
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
You did not answer my questions eitherWhats the problem with the tv ?
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
Why do you want to reset the lamp hours anyway ?
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
I see that you are around now , open the service menu like i described above then open OPTION and item #6 is LAMP CLEAR select that and OK and power off the tv , the lamp hours are now reset