Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

Toshiba tv is not connecting to the wireless router info to

Customer Question

toshiba tv is not connecting to the wireless router info to get internet service. It is not recognizing the AP
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question, I look forward to assisting you today. Have you tried restarting your router?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The router is not the problem. The tv recognize the wireless ID name and I put in the right passcode. But either it is not accepting it or the TV is not set up to accept it. Everything other item use the wireless router and I can get on the internet.
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
I realize the router is not the problem, but sometimes restarting it will reset the connection to a device it cannot fully recognize. Did you use the easy setup on the TV when you attempted to connect it to your network?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Good Morning,My bank account was charged for the full amount and my TV and internet is still not working together. I hope my ticket is not closed because nothing was resolved.
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
I was waiting for a response to my last question from April 11th. I would be happy to continue working with you if you like?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes, I would like to continue. Here is what is happening so far. I was able to connect my wireless internet to toshiba. The test indicated that the wireless connection was connected. However, when I went to the internet on the TV it said "unable to load to "". Then I went back to the connected to wireless screen to see if I was still connected but I was not. So my second issue why once I put in my pass phase the tv settings is not keeping the passcode. I dont think I should have to put in the key everytime.
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
No you are correct, you shouldn't need the pass code each time. How far is the TV from the router and have you had any problems with any other wireless devices?
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Does your router have a button on it marked WPS?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The router to the TV is about 75 feet. However, I connect to an extended router for all of the devices in my location and it works fine not unless I lose the verizon fios router connection. It does have a WPA2 pass code connection and a WPS Pin#46364890 number. I do not use the WPS. I connect using the WPA2.
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Okay. Maybe you should try using the Easy Setup for your wireless connection from the TV to the router. The extender may also be causing connections problems as well.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok i will try that and get back with you
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Okay, let me know if you need assistance. You might also try taking the extender out of the loop to see if you can connect directly to the router?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am no unable to get to the home page to work on the internet connection. The TV is stuck on the introduction page and a msg comes up "error: this service is currently unavailable." Now it will not go back to watching regular TV. I hear the tv sound but no picture.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It will not load when I hit the little home symbol on the remote at all. How do I get out of this screen on the TV to get back to my regular TV picture at this point.
Expert:  Dan replied 6 months ago.
Sorry for the delay. Have you been able to get back to your regular channels setting yet?