littlerusty2005, Expert
Experience:  Plasma, LCD, LED, converters, resolution specialist.

How to reset my media player

Customer Question

how to reset my media player for netflix
Category: TV
Expert:  littlerusty2005 replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is Rusty. Sony players have trouble connecting to Netflix, and the reason is unknown. Here's what to do, other than just wait. First, unplug the power from your media player. There is a little hole on the back of your media player. Press that with a paper clip or toothpick, and hold it for one full minute to reset the player. Plug it back in. That will reset your player back to factory settings. Now go to your wireless router, and unplug it for one full minute. Plug it back in, and that will refresh your network. Try Netflix, and tell me how it works.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
there is no little hole on the back of the player. i turned off the router and the player for 1 minute. still error code 300.
Sorry to hear that, it's a newer design. There is a lack of connection with Netflix, and it's a known problem with Sony players. There are a couple of other things to try. Go into the player's menu, and do the network update, if one is available. If not, scroll to the bottom and choose to reset to factory default settings. Run the easy setup again, it will ask to connect to your network, and then you can see if it will connect to Netflix.