Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.

I have an LG 60" ultra HD TV; it's great! I recently tried

Customer Question

I have an LG 60" ultra HD TV; it's great! I recently tried to show pictures of a USB stick. Some pictures displayed fine; however, the pictures we copied off a a MacBook Air could not be shown; I could see each image icon and filename but could not see the images. Of note the filename showed with a "." as the first character. When I view the USB using a windows machine there is no "." in front of the filename. Any ideas?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What is the full model number of the tv?Do you have issues with mac files opening on the windows machine?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
LG 60UF7690
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Thank you. Do you have issues with mac files opening on the windows machine? Have you updated the tv firmware recently?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Let me check...
The mac files open fine on the Windows machine.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I updated the firmware very recently, but I'm not sure if it was before or after I tried to view these pictures.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Okay, that may be the case, but there is still a file naming issue here, that is causing an incompatibility issue with the tv. Your best option would be to transfer the files strictly from the windows machine. Even if you have to email them, send via drop box, etc from the mac to the pc, then copy from the windows machine to the usb, and the file format will stay accessible so that the tv can use it that way. You can attempt to update the tv firmware/software as well, but there are some file format issues that still are not likely to be resolved by that, which is just a limitation of what hte tv can handle with its limited operating system.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is it an option just to copy them onto the PC then back to a new "PC" directory on the stick?
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
Yes you could certainly try that. If you are going to do so though, I would format the usb stick first (well, after copying the files off)
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK. I'll try that. Thanks, Bob
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
You're welcome, Bob.
Expert:  Nathan replied 6 months ago.
If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please rate my service; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at and ask for Nathan. Thank you, ***** ***** a good day,Nathan