Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

We just bought an LG 55", model # ***** yesterday. I'm

Customer Question

We just bought an LG 55", model # ***** yesterday. I'm frustrated because my wife's Samsung of less than 4 years went blank last week and i can't get the new LG to find any channels. We have audio through our receiver and can see the prompts on the new tv, but I can't finish the setup progress. I can't get back to the start where it says WEBOS to start the setup all over.
We have Comcast and her TV connects with the main DVR which controls the Xfinity any room feature for 2 other tv's in the house. The Comcast Cable comes out of the wall and connects with the Xfinity box. I have an HDMI cable coming from the "out to TV" from the cable box to the top of the 3 HDMI connections on the LG TV where it says DVI in.
When I disconnected the old Samsung, there was just the power cord and 2 HDMI cables. I'm left with the second HDMI cable, but I'm not sure where to connect it. The manual shows a picture (2B) going from 2 examples of devices in to the HDMI connection on the TV labeled 2 (ARC). I have a 3rd HDMI connecting our Blu-Ray to the bottom of the 3 HDMI ports on the new LG TV. HELP!!!
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
Hello, and sorry you're having problems. Please grab the original LG remote and find the INPUT button then use that to select the HDMI Input that you're plugged into (HDMI 1 or 2 respectively). Let me know if the TV responds to it's Input button.
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
Also, you said the first HDMI cable connects from the cable box to the top port on the TV, and you're left with one more- where does the other end of that second cable connect to? I'm assuming the unconnected one goes to your Home Theater receiver? If so plug that into the ARC HDMI port. Then let me know if you're able to switch Inputs to see the cable programming or not.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
No thank you, ***** ***** take a phone call. If you'd like to continue, please reply back on this page.
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
Are you able to find the Input button on the remote and does it work please?
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
If you're not able to use that info to get the Inputs up and running, then I will need you to postback with the model number located on the back of the TV again. The model you posted is either very old, or not valid (it doesn't show up as a current LG TV offering).