Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

My caption quite working on my 30 in Sony TV.

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website.To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here...1. Who is your tv channel provider?2. Do you change channels with the Sony tv remote or with the channel provider's remote?___________________________________________________________________** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear ** ** Do NOT start a new question **
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Channel providesr remote
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
If you get HD channels from Comcast and the Comcast box is connected to the tv with HDMI (you set the tv to the HDMI input), then the Captions are NOT set in the tv with the Sony remote... You MUST set the Captions using the Comcast remote. Setting Captions depends on which Comcast remote and which Comcast box you have. Some Comcast remotes have a CC button, others do not. If your Comcast remote does not have a CC button then you need to access the settings menu of the Comcast box and look under AUDIO settings. Sometimes the Captions option is not in that menu and must be accessed in a "hidden" menu- leave the tv on, power off the Comcast box, press MENU on the Comcast remote, a hidden menu appears on the screen, look for Captions options in that hidden menu, press MENU again to exit, power the box back on. Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.Before you go please take a moment to click the 3 to 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other customers. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here and selecting the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue (nor does it issue you a refund).Thank you,Mike
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
Hello, just checking back in to see if you still need help, or perhaps you would like to acknowledge that my time and input has been helpful?