Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a samsung DLP series 6 - (650) after a minute of being

Customer Question

i have a samsung DLP series 6 - (650) after a minute of being on it turns off then minute later turns itself back on and just keeps doing it - on off on off
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.
Hello, Please get me the full model number off of the back of the TV.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
HL56A650C1FXZA
i had tv unplugged overnight now when i turn it on i get nothing at all - red light is on front so i have power but does not want to turn on
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for the reply. We often see these sets develop faults after a few years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Mainboard being the most common). However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up. The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.
The Mainboard provides the turn on/off commands, so when the set cycles like it was doing before, and is locked with the standby light on- but no response from the remote, it means the Mainboard is at fault here. Those steps above are the only thing you can try on a user level to reboot the mainboard. If that does not work then the board would need to be replaced. In that case, let me know if you're looking to repair this yourself or are looking for a repair estimate and service locator.
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.
That board is only available on the used market, and I was able to locate one at the link below for your set: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-BP96-02047A-BP94-02325A-Main-Board-HL50A650C1-HL56A650C1-HL61A650C1-/121929007422?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.
Alternatively a shop will generally charge $250-$275 parts and labor for this repair and can be located at the following link: http://www.tvrepairpros.com Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i'm at work now when i get home i will try and let you know
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.
Okay that sounds good. I've outlined all of the fixes above for this- it is the Mainboard causing it, and if the reboot doesn't work the board needs to be replaced. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.