Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I need to reset my TV to factory settings so it will pick up

Customer Question

I need to reset my TV to factory settings so it will pick up Netflix....how do I do that?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Could you please get me the model number written on back of TV?Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
TC-L42E5
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Panasonic
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
This TV doesn't have builtin Netflix application, is there any other device connected to TV for Netflix?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It does have a built in connection
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We have been watching Netflix for years and everytime Netflix updates their app I have to call Panasonic to reset to factory settings to get Netflix to work....Panasonic is closed at the moment or I would call them
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Then the TV model could be TC-L42E50, missing zero in previous number, isn't it?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sure...let's try that
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
OK, lets try one thing, press Menu. Go to setup then network settings, then IP address/DNS settings then turn DNS off automatic and manually change to 8.8.8.8 and check if it helps to get Netflix working?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Now the wireless network is not working
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
OK, please enable DNS automatic to get it working.Do you see reset option in Setup of TV menu?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It just reloaded my cable box...do not see a reset option
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
OK, I'm out of ideas so let me repost this question, hopefully another expert will soon respond to assist you further.Thanks.
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Initially, go into the tv menu, then under Setup, you should see the Factory Reset (Restore default) function. Let me know if that helps. Best regards,Nathan