Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

My TV resolution says 1080i but it's not I talked to direct

Customer Question

My TV resolution says 1080i but it's not I talked to direct TV support and they still can't figure out the prob
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My TV is vizio hdmi tv an e600 series and I can't figure out how to turn my channels to hd
JA: Anything else I can tell the TV Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.1- What kind of cable is used to connect Directv box to TV?2- What is the model number written on Directv box?3- What display resolution info appears if press info button on TV remote?Thanks.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hdmi HR44-700 1080I
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for the info.1080i picture resolution is HD, what resolution you are looking for on this TV?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Well I know that the tv is hd and I want to view it in hd but all my channels are not in the hd format the direct TV specialist claims that my tv is the prob but my tv is set to 1080i and my direct TV is to but my channels are not
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.
Does TV display 1080i number when press info button while watching cable channel?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes on my tv I click info on my tv remote it says 1080i on my receiver it also says 1080i resolution
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.
OK and what issue you feel in picture that made you think it is not HD?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Well I'm sure you have seen HD picture quality when you go to any store that sells HD TV what I pay for on my direct TV bills are all suppose to be HD I literally just came from my vacation in California my in laws have a vizio same direct TV service as me but they have hd everything down to the T from cartoons for my child and movies with excellent quality so I know that my tv is not hd even when I connect my ps4 the quality should be fantastic but it's all basic my model on my tv is e600i-b3 version v1.60.10-020.0180 is that a prob as well
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.
OK, it seems a tech presence physically is needed in front of TV to sort out the issue and this is not going to fix over internet support, do you want me to provide you local TV repair shop info to proceed?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No I can do that but I'm dissatisfied with my service
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.
OK, can you hook bluray player to TV as a test to see if it displays improved picture?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My ps4 is a blue ray player but I'm done it says if I can't get my answer I'm refunded my 5 dollars is that legit
Expert:  Shahid replied 6 months ago.
OK, please contact customer service at following link/ number for billing issues as I have no control over such matters... USA:(###) ###-####nited Kingdom - 0***-***-**** Ireland - 1800-760-906Thanks.