Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

We have model number TC-P42ST30. Our DVD Player started playing everyt

Customer Question

We have model number TC-P42ST30. Our DVD Player started playing everything in black and white. We assumed it was the DVD Player and purchased a new one. That one is also showing everything in black and white. That tells me the problem is with the TV. Can you help me?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Hello, Let's start with the basics: 1) Anything else connected to the TV BESIDES the DVD that IS playing in color? 2) What connections are you using from the DVD (RCA red,white and yellow, HDMI, etc.)? 3) Pull up the TV's MENU- is that in color? 4) What INPUT are you set to?
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Please send me a reply so I know you are able.
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Here let's try this: Grab the Panasonic remote and change the Input to "AC" instead of Component (assuming you're using those red,white and yellow cables). Still a black and white picture please (Yes or No)?
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
No thank you, ***** ***** take a phone call. If you'd like to continue, please reply back on this page.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This isn't working. How much will I be charged if I quit now?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Will there be no charge to my Master Card if I log out now?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do not want a new technician. Will there be no charge to my mastercard if I log out now?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please answer my question about a charge if I log out now.
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Do you still need assistance with this?You've already paid the full agreed upon fee to the site, per the terms you signed up for. I can help you under that initial fee you've paid, if you wish to continue on. Logging out does not initiate a refund.
Expert:  Nathan replied 7 months ago.
Hi Don, I've attempted to call a few times, please give me a ring back at your convenience. Initially, if you have a chance to do so before making contact, please check for me if the panasonic menus are in color, as well as the internal apps (netflix, etc) if you're able to. Nathan