Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

I bought Altec head phones Bluetooth. I have a smart tv model

Customer Question

I bought Altec head phones Bluetooth. I have a smart tv model #UN40EH 5300F Could you give me some help as to how I can connect them to the tv?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
Hi , I`m Jack Perhaps I can help you with this problem , please send me a reply when you see this ?I would also require the headphone`s model number please ?
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
Not sure if you need help with this or not but I will tell you how to set the tv so that your headphones connect with the Bluetooth function although I`m not so sure you will be able to .This tv has specific list of devices (all samsungs of course) that are supposed to work with this tv but you can still give it a try
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
Open the TV's menu and go to SYSTEM then to DEVICE MANAGER open that then select SOUND SHARE SETTINGS and finally ADD NEW DEVICE , make sure it is turned on .Once that is done your headphones should appear in the device list , set it to USE and that should be it .As for the headphones then follow the directions that come with it .If your device does not appear in the list then turn the tv off and on again and see if it will appear when you go back to the device list .If not then the tv truly takes only these devices ;Supported Samsung Audio Device models–– DA-E650 / E651 / E660 / E661 / E670/ E680 / E750 / E751 / E760 / E761Let me know how that goes
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
I see that you came around to look at my answer .If that does the trick then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .If not then let me have the headphones model numberThank you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I would like to cancel.I see that you already charged me on my credit card. Your suggestion didn't work. found out that my t.v. is not equipped for those headphone so we returned them.
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
If you read correctly i listed system working with this tv so that wasnt much of a find on your part and i did not suggest it would work either so those were not suggestions and it cannot be qualified as non working suggestions , i already told you it would not work and merely suggested you try it for yourself .Finally , I am not privy to any of the money matters or subscription or trials etc. etc. not an employee here but an independent tech.
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
Go back to your home page for refund or whatever