Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

Samsung UN55H7150 Small buzzing sound but no picture. Trash

Customer Question

Samsung UN55H7150 Small buzzing sound but no picture. Trash or fix?
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi Robin,The most likely cause of this problem is a faulty power supply board - a replacement one can cost around $150 plus labor to fit it - you will need to consider whether your TV is worth investing this much in it, or if you would rather invest the money in a new TV set instead.Pete.
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
Hi Robin , i`m Jack a tv tech.This tv is 2 years old and if it comes down to that you can buy the led driver board part # ***** for around $70 usually,Once the back cover is removed it is easily replaced so definitely worth the repair .This is Plug&Play ,no solder or adjustments and if you or a friend is handy with a screwdriver and can remove the back cover then you can do this yourself, no special tools required.You can buy it for $52 at this link ;
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
Note that it doubles up as power and led driver board , if you lost picture only but still have sound then the led driver part has failed , if you got nothing then the power part is the culprit , either ways they both sit on that board . Let me know how that goes and please take the time to rate my answer positively (use the stars to rate) if that answers your question / does the trick as it is the only way i get paid for helping you , otherwise do not rate at all , just let me know and we`ll try something else.Note that you can reach me here at any time after rating if you have questions.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Jack, thank you for your thorough response. Have you purchased from BuyQual before?
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
Yes I`ve had customers who did but it may take a couple of weeks if you are not in a rush , it comes from china.The advantages are a brand new board and cheapIf you can`t wait then I`ll find one local
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
Here is one ;
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's okay, I found a local one. Thanks though.
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
Here is another one ; Much welcome and please do not forget to rate so i can get compensated for my time helping you.
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
Still have questions on this Robin ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No Jack, maybe when I get the parts. Do I pay after you walk me through the install?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm trying to cancel the order with the first site because it was more expensive.
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
It doesn`t matter , this is plug&play , there `s no walking through as you will see it is pretty obvious and straightforward but in any case this post is never closed anyway , even after ratingSorry but I am not privy to any of the money matters or subscription or trials etc. etc. not an employee here but an independent tech. that gets paid by this website once you rate me for my help .Please use this link or phone number for these questions; 1.***-***-****
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
Sorry , misread you , you mean the board order ,can`t help you with that one i`m afraid
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Okay, I'll be in touch and let you know how the install goes.
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.