Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup

55lh99 LED TV: turned off with the remote. It will not turn

Customer Question

55lh99 LED TV: turned off with the remote. It will not turn on with remote or power button!!!! I have checked power to outlet. DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO> HELP?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
Welcome! I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. We are now connected together on this convenient website which saves you time and money vs much higher repair shop fees.To get started, I need to know you are able to reply to me here...1. How long have you had the Tv?2. Any parts or service done on the Tv?___________________________________________________________________** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear ** ** Do NOT start a new question **
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
I need to know you are able to reply to me here...1. How long have you had the Tv?2. Any parts or service done on the Tv?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
5 yrs ?? Never any service
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
Are you seeing the power light up on the front panel of the tv? or maybe blinking? Does the screen itself flash on at all? Do you hear any sound from the speakers or any clicking noises from the back of the tv?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 6 months ago.
Are you aware this tv has 2 power "buttons"? There is a push button on the SIDE of the tv with all the other controls AND there is a "master" toggle switch on the lower edge (right corner). Is it possible that master toggle switch got flipped? Please check it and if needed go ahead and please try this:-disconnect all audio/video wires from the tv.-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.-make sure the master toggle switch is Off.-press and hold the push power button on the tv for 20 seconds and release.-plug in only the tv power cord and turn on the master toggle switch, then try to turn on with the push button on the side.If that does not help then unfortunately there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. The Tv has an internal failure and the back panel needs to come off, checks need to be performed, then parts ordered and installed. If that is something you want to attempt then reply back here and I can assist you further (electronics tools and experience needed).If you are unable or unwilling to perform any of these procedures then a repair shop should be consulted. A shop charges $125 to come diagnose the problem and hand you an estimate. Then another $175 in parts and labor. So the total can be $300 (or more).I'm sorry for the bad news. Remember that I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above.Before you go please take a moment to click the 3 to 5 STARS rating at the top of the page. Keep in mind that I have donated my invaluable time and expertise helping you rather than other customers. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.Rating now does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here and selecting the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue (nor does it issue you a refund).Thank you,Mike