Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Samsung un55D7000 led tv faint vertical line in screen 1/8

Customer Question

samsung un55D7000 led tv faint vertical line in screen 1/8 inch wide blueish color
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. 1) How long have you owned the set for and when did the problem occur?2) What is connected to the TV for sources (cable box, DVD player, etc.), and does this issue occur regardless of which source you're viewing from?3) If you press MENU using the original TV remote, or the MENU button on the TV itself- does the MENU display OVER the line or is the line OVER the menu?
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.
Do you need assistance with this question?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
4 yrs. direct tv box yes menu seems to cover line
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.
Thank you. Since there's only one source connected to the TV (the DTV box) then the MENU covering the line or not is paramount. You see there are no adjustments that will fix this line, it's indicative of a faulty component (the DTV box processor, HDMI cable, or the TV itself). The TV's MENU supersedes all external connections and settings, so if the MENU indeed appears over that line, then we're likely looking at a source-related issue- meaning the DTV box or the HDMI cable are the root cause of the issue. Do you have another source- such as a DVD player you can connect to the TV as a test?
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.
Or if there is not another device you can use to test, then have you tried at the very least rebooting the DTV box, and while it's unplugged- disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI cable on both ends as a reset? If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
switched to outside antenna line still there
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.
Okay, then this would isolate it to the TV meaning there's a fault in the set causing it. Are you 100% sure the MENU covers over this line? Whether it is or not tells us what part of the TV is failing and how much it would cost to repair. Also, I haven't asked- how old is the set?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
yes going through menu 4yrs old
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.
Okay if it's going through the MENU then you're usually looking at an LCD panel failure in the set which is common to Samsungs and unfortunately requires replacement of the LCD screen to fix the issue. This repair is 80% of what the TV cost when new, so when we see this issue, it means that the set should be replaced. I'm sorry for the bad news here, and the line will likely get worse over time. My suggestion, and really all that you can do is to view the set as long as you can until the line becomes worse and then replace the set at that point. Unfortunately there's nothing else that's cost effective for this problem. If you need further assistance let me know and please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING once you're satisfied with my efforts.
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.