Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have an cdmi to composite (analog) converter to use

Customer Question

i have an cdmi to composite (analog) converter to use for an old panasonic PTF-407RS tv and can't seem to get it working
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Hello, What is the brand and model of the converter you're using (since many of them simply do not work)? Also, what device/source are you trying to connect to it via HDMI?
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Let me know when you're able to see my reply please.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i tried radio shack and media linx aim hooking it to a cable box
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Your cable box should also have component or AV jacks on the back of it no? If not, then you should simply have the cable provider outfit you with a standard definition box- since the converter is only going to give you standard def anyways? Plug HDMI is encoded with High Def copyright protection so these converters you're buying don't work as the HDMI has protection encoded on it.
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Your cable box may have these connections on it anyways- have you checked? Can you also postback with the brand and model number off of the front of the box?
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?