Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

My element TV says to run channel auto scan. I don't know

Customer Question

My element TV says to run channel auto scan. I don't know what it is talkig about
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the cable went off and I put it back on the TV setting and then it said to run channel auto scan. Its band new. I'm sorry I am stupid butI need help
JA: Anything else I can tell the TV Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: Thats all I know but how do I do it?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. In about 90% of the cases we see here of this problem, it's simply that the TV's Input was changed (since if you were watching channels before the TV will not need to be re-scanned). So find your original Element remote and find the "Input" button to change right off of that Input and back to the one you normally view on (most cable boxes connect either via HDMI, or Component Video- so choose the HDMI or component Input). If you're not sure or get stuck then reply back with the following: 1) The model number off of the back of the TV. 2) How do you receive broadcasts (a Cable or SAT "BOX"- we need to know if there's a box)? 3) Do you have the original TV remote nearby? 4) How is the Cable/SAT BOX connected to the TV (the PORTS on the back of the TV are labeled "HDMI 1", "Component Video", etc.)? Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Let me know once you're able to see my reply.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?