Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Problems with my Sharp Aquos LC-70LE65OU. Picture too big

Customer Question

Problems with my Sharp Aquos LC-70LE65OU. Picture too big for screen. Have set the view to dot to dot but the picture is still too big. Have unplugged everything and plugged back in. Still too big. Called Comcast, they say it's the TV.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. In almost all cases this is not caused by the TV but by the cable box's aspect ratio (which can usually be adjusted on the cable remote). However a good way to test this is by viewing a DIFFERENT source on the TV- such as a DVD player. If the DVD image is scaled correctly, then we know the issue is with the cable box. Underneath the "9" button on the Comcast remote there should be a button labeled "HD Zoom"- does this button correct the picture size? If not, then search also for a button labeled "Aspect", "Ratio" or "P Size" on the Comcast remote and let me know how you make out please.