Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a Sharp Aquos LC-C4662U tv that worked fine until my

Customer Question

I have a Sharp Aquos LC-C4662U tv that worked fine until my child played with the remote. Now I can get 2 channels with sound but nothing else. Green power light on. Sound fine .Air digital 2.1 flashes on the upper right top of screen
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Cannot get pictures or other channels. TBS installed new cable boxes but all other tv working fine and this one is the main tv It was not touched by the cable O pansy. It is the remote or the set up.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Hello, Try using your Sharp remote's Input button and select the correct Input. It sounds like your input was accidentally changed. If you don't know which Input to select, then try selecting them one at a time and see if one brings your video signal back. Let me know what happens.
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Additionally it would help to know specifically how the TBS box is connected to the TV so I can determine what the Input should be (for example: HDMI cable, component video cables, single coaxial cable, etc.).
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is on the right input..TV. not HDMI which runs my Amazon Fire and works perfect. Analog channel 3 air shows up in the right during channel change and then digital 12.1 air when I move between the 2 channels. It happened with buttons pressed on the remote by my kid...not the tech
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This tv is on the main big cable box...not touched by tech.
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for the reply. Please unplug the set from power for 1 minute then plug it back in and turn it on. Let me know if you can scroll up or down channels. If there's only two and you have no video then try manually punching in a channel number and let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Holy cow...been there done that! First thing I did when it wouldn't work. However, am trying it again.
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
Not sure what you did without you posting it. I can't assume anything. We work with all sorts of different people and sometimes they don't try anything. Thanks, ***** ***** me know.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When that didn't work the first time I also ran the EZ set up and also checked parental controls to make sure channels not blocked. I have tried everything including reading the manual!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Still not working
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Remote controls sound and input but not channels
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 7 months ago.
HelloWelcome previous expert has opted out my name is***** reboot the box by unplugging from the wall waiting 5 mins then replugging back in you have not said you have done that Let me know what happens Anthony
How is this working out please?if all is good would you please rate the answer positively with the rating bar of stars thank you 3 to 5 stars Thanks againAnthony