Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My Lg tv model LN5750, 47'', picture went off. when the power

Customer Question

my Lg tv model LN5750, 47'', picture went off. when the power is turned back on the picture flashes on then goes right off.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Does the TV stay On and sound stays while picture flashes?- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?Thanks.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No sound, the screen just lights up (flashes on) then goes off. Unplugged the power already...nothing.
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.
OK, so screen just lit/ glow and no picture appears, then TV switches Off, is this correct?- Does TV turns back On itself or stay Off?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When the tv is turned on the screen briefly, for a split second, comes on where you can see the verizon logo, then goes off
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.
- Does TV turns back On itself or stay Off after brief picture?This info will almost conclude the troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The TV remains off
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** indicate failure of few backlight LEDs inside display panel that caused an error signal and TV goes to protection mode thus shuts Off OR power supply board has internal failure. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. If TV is out of warranty then need to replace power supply board as first thing to see if it resolve the problem.If it doesn't fix the issue then LED stripes inside LCD panel will be replaced, it wouldn't going to be an easy fix because LCD panel will take apart very carefully to avid any damage to thin LCD glass screen, please check with following supplier to get required power supply board or LED stripes if you're going to repair it yourself...http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=lg+47ln5750If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...http://www.tvrepairpros.com/I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here. Regards,Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.
Hi, do you need any further assistance with this question?Thanks.