Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

I have a sharp smart tv and I keep getting a SSL Handshake

Customer Question

I have a sharp smart tv and I keep getting a SSL Handshake problem when trying to connect to Netflix or youtube.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: my daughter showed me how to watch a youtube video from on iPhone and connect it to my tv.
JA: Anything else I can tell the TV Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: after this a few days later we started getting the message problem
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I advise trying a Reset of your TV, from inside its system of MENUs. This will also reset the network settings, and may just cure the problem with network connection altogether. Press MENU, and look for a Reset option, esp. one that is meant for doing before you give the TV away to someone else. Use that option.