Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a samsung UN39FH5000 and the picture would be ok when

Customer Question

i have a samsung UN39FH5000 and the picture would be ok when first turned on then half would get weird and the whole picture would freeze and then slowly fade to black. i replaced the tcon that didnt work i replaced the main board that didnt work then i replaced the power board that didnt work. but i did notice if i tap on the tcon while its on repeatedly the picture will stay but if i stop tapping it goes black again and i have to turn it off then on again and the sound keeps going the whole time
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Is the left or right half picture get weird after some time?- When picture fade to black, do you still have backlight inside display panel?Thanks.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
backlight yes and its the right side gets weird and the blackness starts at the edges and narrows to the center. the half screen thing sounded tcon but the fade out sounded power board i dunno i changed all three. then i was thinking the power board screwed up the tcon so the new one got screwed too im so over it lol
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.
Thanks for the info, since backlight stays that means power board/ inverter section is fine, main board is also working as it controls the backlight system (on-off etc), t-con board is responsible to process video data that comes from main board and sends it to internal circuitry of display panel (LCD panel).Now t-con board has already been swapped and it didn't fix the issue which points the problem is with internal circuitry of LCD panel as it stop working correctly to drive the LCD pixels. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. If TV is out of warranty then LCD panel replacement is only choice but it would cost you good money, approx new TV price of same size if LCD panel still available with Samsung Parts because other part supplier do not keep it in stock due to high cost and at that point you would be better off with a new TV instead of spending money and time on this TV.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
that was an expensive answer
Expert:  Shahid replied 8 months ago.
I wish I had better news about TV problem. Have seen this kind of problem in LCD TVs many times and had to replace LCD panels to resolve the issue. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.Thanks.
Expert:  Shahid replied 7 months ago.
Hi, do you need any further assistance with this question?Thanks.