Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

The TV (Vizio M470SL) does not sense the remote. Side buttons

Customer Question

The TV (Vizio M470SL) does not sense the remote. Side buttons on TV still work.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Live in an area with bad windstorms and likely last power outage coincided with this remote not being able to control the M470SL.
JA: Anything else I can tell the TV Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: That is all.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 7 months ago.
HelloWelcome You need to verify if the remote is working and you do that by following this guide <<click its for a sony but covers ALL remotes ,let me know if the remote itself orks please Anthony
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have several vizio remotes and have direc tv remotes. All of the remotes work on all of my vizio tv's except the M470SL. So I know it is not the remote.
OK you are looking in that case at a bad sensor this is the IR sensor inside the set do you think you can do this work yourself?get inside the set and in the first instance remove the IR sensor? Anthony
Let me know please Anthony
Do you still require any help with this please? I would be grateful if you could rate the answer positively 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar at the top of the page, its the only way I receive any credit from the site thanks again Anthony