Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech

My Samsung TV turns off a second or two then turns

Customer Question

My Samsung TV turns off for about a second or two then turns back on. I am very frustrated watching a TV that goes on and off
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the tv keeps going off and on. When it comes back on it says smart Tv then the picture.
JA: Anything else I can tell the TV Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: I spoke to Verizon and the connections seem to be OK
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
Hi , I`m JackPerhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;If it actually says smart tv like when you first turn it on then it is indeed shutting off , not just cutting out and pretty much only the main board can do that .Can you give me the model number on the back cover ?
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
Hello again .I can tell that you came to look so I will give you your answer and hope you will do the right thing and rate me positively after reading this .What your TV's main board needs is a factory reset , Samsung did some online upgrades that causes this problem .To do this factory reset open the TV's menu and select SUPPORT then go to SELF DIAGNOSIS , open that and select RESET , it will ask you for your pin number which is 0000 by default unless you did set one yourself then it will ask you to confirm , say YES and your are done , you should now be able to watch tv normally . Let me know if you have other questions and if not for now then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help . Thank you