Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

The picture on my Samsung ln-s4095d is grainy and blurry regardless

Customer Question

The picture on my Samsung ln-s4095d is grainy and blurry regardless of the type of signal that I've put to it. Dvd blue ray via hdmi, regular dvd via hdmi, dvd via composite, tv cable box via hdmi. Don't what else to do. I realize it's an older tv but it worked perfectly one day and then doing this the next. I currently have the back casing off of the tv looking for bad parts ie capacitors, bad connections as well as any types of burnt electronics smell and can not find anything. Please advise.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
Hello, and sorry you're having problems. Can you please pull up the TV's native MENU and let me know if the MENU image is also grainy and blurry? Additionally, can you post a picture of the screen on this page so I can take a look? A picture is worth a thousand words. Also, we may not need it- but it would help if you had a Multi-Meter to check voltages. Is this something you're able to do?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
menu image is also blurry and I do have a multi meter
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
You skipped the most important part that I asked. Picture?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How do I post the picture on here?
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
The paperclip icon on the page. You upload just as you would to Ebay, Facebook, etc. Pictures saved on your computer can then be clicked on and posted to the page.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will have the picture post in just a minute
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
Okay no problem.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it's telling me that the attachment needs to be less than 5mb. do I just reduce the resolution on phone's camera?
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
I can't help with that- I've never posted a picture on here before. Are you trying to upload directly from a phone? If so that won't work. It needs to be uploaded from a computer.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I took the picture with my phone and emailed it to my email and saved to my desktop and attached to the file
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.
I'm not sure, and it's getting late. I will need to opt out at this point.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How else can I get a picture to you? I lowered my resolution to 640x480 and it's still 5.7mb.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
where is the paperclip? are you referring to the + Add files to the left of the send button?