Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a 65" 4K curved Samsung smart tv. I've had it

Customer Question

I have a 65" 4K curved Samsung smart tv. I've had it for just over a year. In that time I ,
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
JA: Anything else I can tell the TV Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: I've had nothing but problems with Netflix and now the TV when buffering will send me a message that there is 0.0 internet speed when I have a 60 mb plan. What is up with that???
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are you able to find a tech person to help me?
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 10 months ago.
Have you contacted Netflix to reset your account? I had buffering issues even with my 25 mb plan and after several months of regular usage, my Netflix account started to have the same problems as yours. Mine came from playing several different shows, storing the last episode I was watching.My suggestion is to try other apps and see if they are buffering too. The free sites should help you test that.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
All other apps are buffering fine. Netflix aside... When I turn on a HBO or other premium channel and let's say the show has been on for 20 plus minuets. I'm asked if I won't to watch the show from the beginning. When I choose to do just that... It try's to buffer and stream but in the end I get a message on the TV telling me my internet speed is too slow. When it obviously isn't.
Yeah your speed is just fine. The important thing to note is that your HBO (via internet??) is streaming just fine. That tells me the TV is likely fine, but your Netflix account is causing your problem. You need to call them, ask them to reset your account, tell them you're getting severe buffering issues.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
So... Having a Netflix account can cause a buffering/streaming problem with HBO and other channels even though I haven't logged on to Netflix?
Now you're confusing me. You can only compare Netflix's streaming problems with OTHER internet based video apps like Weather, BBC and/or news /sport apps that use the internet. You can't compare any cable/sat based TV signals to internet based signals. We're comparing Netflix's capability of delivering video content to other sites using the same setup.