Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details

Customer Question

***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Wd-65733 will turn on about minute and shut off with no picture
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
Hi , I`m JackPerhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
Is there a light or blinking light at the front ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No lights
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
You mean that when you try to turn it on you have neither the LAMP,STATUS or TIMER light coming on ??
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
That's correct
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
In that case I can see only one possibility and that would be the power board , you got missing voltages in there .Give me a minute on this please
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Still waiting
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
The power board part # ***** cost around $50 in this tv if you were to buy it yourself , let me know and I`ll find it for you if it is the case .If that is not your cup of tea so to speak then to have this repaired at home could cost you around $250 to $300 parts included and perhaps $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .If you need to find repair shops near you then look at the link below and enter your zip code ;www.tvrepairpros.comThis will give you a list of NESDA member repair shops in your area.This list may be limited though and you may find more by simply using the yellow pages or simply google "tv repairs" and the name of your town .You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around but if i may be frank , considering the age of the tv at 8 years old and the fact that you can get a new 50" tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $500 ,I would think twice before investing that kind of money into this one. Let me know if you have other questions and if not then please do not forget to rate by clicking on the star icons at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you .Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time if you need further info or help . Thank you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Where is the power board located and that's not ballast is it
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
No its not the ballast .You can buy that board here for $40 ; http://www.tvpartsbay.com/934c261001-934c2610-mitsubishi-power-supply-unit/Or here http://www.tvpartscentral.com/mitsubishi-934c261001-power-supply/Follow the power cord and you will find it
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
I can also give you the service manual
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
click the link below and if that link opens a login window popup then just close it with the upper corner X or the "no thanks . continue to view"The manual is behind that , wait for it to open then use the DOWNLOAD button ; https://www.dropbox.com/s/c3cbq25hsks76at/mitsubishi_chassis_v36_v36l_v37_v37l_v38_wd-57733_57734_57833_65733_65734_65833_73733_73734_73833_c657_y577_y657%20%282%29.pdf?dl=0
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
Still have questions Kevin ?