Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My TV is clicking on and off every15 or 20 seconds, I get voice

Customer Question

My TV is clicking on and off every15 or 20 seconds, I get voice from the channels but only black screen with the Samsung Smart TV logo and the HDI box in the upper left corner every 15 or 20 seconds.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. This issue can be caused by two possible causes: 1) The Mainboard in the TV has failed.2) The software has failed. Let me know if you are able to get into the MENU on the TV and navigate through any options- or does the set automatically click on/off every 15-20 seconds while you try to do that as well please?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No I cannot get any picture other than the Samsung Smart TV logo, I have to unplug the TV to shut it off.
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.
Okay, this does point generally to a faulty Mainboard. Please try this reset as an attempt at a fix and also a test to see if it helps with the issue. 1) Disconnect the set from power. 2) Remove any HDMI cables from the back of the TV. 3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 seconds and release. 4) Plug the HDMI cable(s) back into the set and then plug it into power. Does the clicking occur right away? If not, press the power button once and let me know what happens.
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.
No thanks- I don't use the phone call service. Try those steps above that I just posted and reply back here with results.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't know where the power button is on the TV.
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.
Hang on while i pull that up please.
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.
Lower left hand corner of the TV. It doesn't show if it's just around the back of the set, or on the front in the manual. It just says there is power, channel, input and volume on the lower left corner.
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.
Were you able to find the button?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
There is no change.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What is the cost to change the Mainboard?
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.
Okay, and unfortunately that was all you can try on a user level- aside from leaving the set unplugged from power for several hours in the hopes that it resets. Otherwise the "Mainboard" in the TV (which contains the processor that switches the Inputs, shows the Smart TV logo, etc.) has failed. If you have this done at a shop you're looking at around $250 parts and labor (with the board itself being rare and hard to find in stock). Some shops do repair the board as well. If you're looking to go that route you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area: http://www.tvrepairpros.com
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.
Or if you're a do it yourself type, and want to search and try to track down the board and replace it yourself, the part number for the board is: BN41-01605A. Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks Aric Ill see what I can do.
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.
You're welcome and sorry for the bad news here. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts.
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?