Richard, Technician
Experience:  Avid TV Technician
32989067

I have a Sharp LC-70LE734U. The power indicator on the front

Customer Question

I have a Sharp LC-70LE734U. The power indicator on the front blinks. The remote power button and the manual power button on the TV do not turn it off or on - it just blinks. Only disconnecting the power cord stops the blinking. Is it broke or how can I fix it?
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished. Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket). Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release. Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly. Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That did not work. It still just blinks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There's nothing more to say.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks,If you press the menu button on the remote, does the menu show?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. It still just blinks with nothing on the screen.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, plug it into a different power socket. Does it still do this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a delay as I have to go up stairs to another room where the TV is located. To call you I would need a phone number as I would need to be in the room where the TV is not at the computer which has poor audio.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
its ok, we do not have to do the call, you can just do the instructions and let me know the response
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, what do I try next. The manual is not very helpful in the area of trouble shooting.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The instructions I gave you Harold, I am still waiting on your to plug it into a different power socket and tell me if you still have the issue please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did that and nothing happened it was just dead, no blinking. Plugged it back in the same socket and it is still dead, no blinking. Neither the power button or menu button does any thing.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks It is the internal power board that has faulted. We have ruled out all other causes for this I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you. I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for trying. No results so I see no need to rate. I guess you did all you could.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You are rating my service HaroldYou have already paid the deposit which was for the service I provided to go through all possible causes and rule them out to confirm the problem. This is what we did and you now know what you have to do to resolve itThis is what you paid for. If we were only paid for fixing an issue, no one would have taken your question due to the possibility of it not being resolvable. You now have the issue confirmed and know what you need to do. Its the service I provided you and what you are rating If you need anything else, please let me know Thanks Richard