Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My name is ***** *****, i have a sharp model lc-70le650u, i

Customer Question

my name is ***** *****, i have a sharp model lc-70le650u, i get nothing out of it, flashes 2 long followed by 5 short flashes
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: working fine one night, next morning it would not come on, just replaced the power board and it made no difference, tried vol+chan-, made no diff., tried input and vol- and it made not much difference except sometimes i do get volume but no picture
JA: OK got it. Last thing — TV Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'll assist you. I'm sorry you're having trouble with it. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.- Is the power light still flashing 2 long and 5 short times?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, and i just noticed there's a small green light in the middle of the main board that flashes steadily
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info, do you get sound on TV speakers and volume buttons work to change sound level while having power light flashing 2 long and 5 short times?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes, but when first turned on there is no sound until i do the input and low vol. buttons
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
ah OK, that way you're actually bypassing the protection system to turn On the TV forcefully. Power light flashing 2 long and 5 short times indicates panel 12V missing that means T-Con board isn't getting 12V coming from power supply board. It needs to check 12V at PL connector on t-con board, also recheck LVDS flat cable plugs in t-con board that comes from main board to make sure it is plugged securely and aligned.If 12V is available then need to replace t-con board in TV. Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi shahid, i just replaced the t-con board like you suggested to no avail, i have also replaced the power board to no avail, the only thing left i think is the main board, it has a small green flashing light in the center of it, could it be it?. it still flashes 2 and 5 times. thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
and yes there are 12 volts at the pl connector, i have checked and rechecked "all" connections for proper alignment and fit and they all seem to be okay. thanks
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi Norman,I'm looking into related manual of TV and get back to you in an hour.Thanks.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
There is flat ribbon (LVDS) cable plugged into LW connector of t-con board and LV connector of main board, can you please check that flat cable is plugged securely in both connectors? I would recommend to replace the cable, if possible.If all looks fine then/ new LVDS cable doesn't fix the issue then it would be main board issue which is generating fake error code due to any internal failure, swapping the main board will help to resolve the issue. Please check with following supplier to get replacement main board and if they don't have it in stock then search/google it with the part number to get price and stock info to order it...http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=lc-70le650uI trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi shahid, again i checked all connections and ribbons, they all seem to be ok, clean, straight, no kinks and a good connection on all boards, no change, still flashes 2 then 5 times, small light in middle of mainboard still flashes steadily. any more suggestions?. thanks, norman
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi shahid, i just ordered a main board from shopjimmy. com, it should be in in a few days, i will contact you when it arrives and i try it. thanks. norman
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi Norman,I hope new main board will help to resolve the error code issue.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi shahid, i just received the new main board from shop jimmy as you suggested. i installed it and still no picture or sound, now i get 1 quick flash followed by a longer one. any ideas? thanks, gil. p.s. now all 3 boards are new, i have checked and rechecked all connections and ribbons, they all seem clean, straight, no kinks, and tight fitting
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello Norman, please unplug TV power cord for 10 minutes.While holding down Vol Down and Input buttons on TV front, replug TV power cord in.Does screen glow/ turn On with letter 'K' on it?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi shahid, i did as you asked and it turned on but i get nothing but multicolored vertical and horizontal lines all the way across the screen with all colors of the rainbow "floating" across the screen in the background. thank you.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, please make sure the LVDS flat cable is plugged securely between t-con and main board of TV.Are you sure you got identical main board that has same part number as of old main board found in TV?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi shahid, yes they are identical boards, checked all flat cables and connections and they all seem okay now it's back to 1 quick flash then 1 longer one, still no picture or sound . thanks.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi Norman,Do you still have old t-con board? If so please install that one and again try volume down and input button procedure to turn On the TV. 1 long and 1 short blink is another different error code that we will deal it later.Does TV still display multicolor lines?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi shahid, sorry i didn't get back to you sooner, i've been very sick. anyway, i've replaced all the boards one by one again to no avail, it still does the same thing, nothing. i'm tired of messing with it or spending any more money on it. i'm going to put it to pasture. thanks for you help anyway. norman
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to hear that Norman, I tried best to figure out the issue and of course you can decide this TV future where to put it. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. If you don't see rating option then intimate here.Thanks.