Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a 55 inch Panasonic TV. I think it is 2-3 years old

Customer Question

I have a 55 inch Panasonic TV. I think it is 2-3 years old but cannot find a model number. When I tried to turn in on from my master control I got two blinking red lights and no picture. some times I get sound and sometimes not.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. The model number is ***** a sticker on the back of the TV- can you get that? Also, what do you mean by "two blinking red lights"? Do you mean the power light blinks a pattern of 2X, 2X, 2X, etc.? Or do you actually have two independent lights that are linking?
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.
Please reply back to the info request above when you can see it.
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.
No thank you, ***** ***** take a phone call. If you'd like to continue, please reply back on this page.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
TV is attached to wall....can't get to it. On front of TV is the word Power. There are two red lights next to it that blink intermittedly.
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.
Okay, there is no intermittent on these sets. Panasonic uses a distinct blink code that tells us what is wrong with the TV. Please count the number of blinks between pauses and let me know what that is (for example: 7 blinks, 7 blinks, etc.). Also since we have no model number, and all we know is it's 2-3 years old- can you at least tell me if this is an LCD or a Plasma?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I counted 6 blinks....don't know if it is plasma or LCD
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for the reply. We often see these sets develop faults after a few years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Power Supply Board or Mainboard being the most common). However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up. The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am a terrible customer. I am 71 and can't reach the power plug...it is high up on the wall behind the TV.. Also I can't see the power button since to TV is attached to the wall. How can I locate a technician to do all the things I can't?
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.
No worries and I'm sorry you're having troubles. The blinking on the set does indicate a hardware fault in the TV, and the method I described above was just an attempt at a user fix, but I also don't want to offer false hope, it is more likely than not that the TV needs service. If you'd like to locate a tech in your area, you can use the link below and plug in your zip code to get a list of the closest ones: http://www.tvrepairpros.com I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.
If there's anything else you need please let me know. Otherwise keep in mind that I'm only credited for my time with a positive rating from you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks.
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Aric has opted out.Do you need more help with this? Or perhaps a phone call if that is easier for you?
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.
I've tried to call with no answer, is there a better time or number where I may reach you?
Expert:  Nathan replied 8 months ago.
Do you still need help?