Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

Vizio model XVT323SV My vizio apparently went thru a power

Customer Question

vizio model XVT323SV
My vizio apparently went thru a power outage a couple days ago (it was plugged into a surge protector). When it finally came back on it was working ok, but then when I wanted to change the input from antenna to HDMI 3, it wouldn't do anything and stopped working at all. I unplugged it and plugged into another outlet and when it turns on, the vizio logo comes on for a while and then goes off and the vizio sign below the screen blinks on and off.
Anything I can do to get it working again? Thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. This directly indicates that your Mainboard in the set has suffered damage- it is the board that processes the HDMI signals, the Vizio logo, and the On/Off commands. That is the bad news. The good news is that this board is a generally inexpensive part and can be replaced with NO SPECIAL TOOLS. It's "Plug and Play" (like replacing a Hard Drive or disc drive in your computer). However it would be first worthwhile to try a reset of the TV as follows: 1) Disconnect the set from power and remove all HDMI cables from the back of the set. 2) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 seconds and release. 3) Wait a minute then reconnect any HDMI cables to the set and plug it back into power. This drains residual current from the set and can enact a reset in some cases. Go ahead and try to use the set and see what happens.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
If that does not work, then the Mainboard needs to be replaced. To access this board you will need to remove the back of the TV (by removing all of the screws on the rear of the TV). The Mainboard is the one with the AV jacks located on it and the connections simply unplug. The board can be purchased at the link below for $100 for your model:
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?