Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have an lg 42lk550 that will not come on. No video or audio.

Customer Question

I have an lg 42lk550 that will not come on. No video or audio. Standby light comes on
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Do I need to replace a board?
JA: Anything else I can tell the TV Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: I have tried holding in the power button and then plugged it in.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
Hi , I`m JackPerhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;Did you lose sound and picture at the same time or just the picture at first ?Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I was watching the tv when it went out and it all went out. Turned it back on and came on for a minute or two and both went out again. Now nothing comes on. Screen is blank. No backlights visible.
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
O.k but it still responds to the power on command as if everything was normal ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes you can still try to turn on the tv but nothing comes on.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It does light up like it suppose to
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
O.k then if you had lost only the picture or backlight I could`ve said the power board is the culprit but right now this looks like a main board problem although some testing with a voltmeter would be in order to verify thatCan you give me the letters after the model number , may look like UA.AUSYLFR.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
UA.AUSYLJR
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
Thanks , let me check this
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
About your model number , could it be 42lk530 instead of 42lk550 ?I`m having trouble finding the SVC code with the 550 but no problem with the 530
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No, it is 42LK550
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
And the SVC number could not be AUSYLUR instead of AUSYLJR ??
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
In any case , did you wish to look into this yourself or simply would like to have an idea of what is involved and the costs of repair ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
SVC CODE: 42LK550-UA.AUSYLJR
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes I think I could replace the board if I knew which one to replace. As long as it is still cost effective.
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
The main board cost some $75 to $100 depending on the version in your tv and it is possible that the link I have to give you simply do not list that SVC number but still show the correct board , mind you they are not in stock there but its a place to start and match the numbers on your board with one of those and then it could be found .So the first thing to do for youis to remove the back cover and go to that link to match your board then let me know which one you have .Here is that link ; http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg/42lk550-ua
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This is my board LG EBU61483803 (EAX63988204(0)) Main Board for 42LK550-UA
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
That's the power board
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
Never mind that , my bad
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This is my inverter board LG EAY60869407 Power Supply / Backlight Inverter 42LK450 42LK530 42LK550
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Which one do you think is the culprit?
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
I would hope it is not the main board as it seem that everyone is out of stock or want over $250 for it .Again the only way to verify that would be by checking whats coming out of the power board but I have a feeling the main board is the culpritDo you have a meter ?More important , do you know how to use it ?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes I have a meter. Can you help me use it. No not an expert.
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
I could but I don`t have time right now , so I will either opt out and repost your question for other techs or get back to you later ?
Expert:  Jack replied 8 months ago.
I will opt outYou don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.DO NOT rate or it will hinder the repost .
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Take care of your business and get backto me when you can. Thank you.