Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My Panasonic 50 inch TV stopped working. And now when I hit

Customer Question

My Panasonic 50 inch TV stopped working. And now when I hit the power button the led flashes ten times,pauses then repeats this. It only stops flashing when I unplug it. But once I hit the power button it only starts then ten flashes once again. Its approx 7 years old. And its a plasma.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Offhand the model number is ***** on the sticker on the back of the set. You mentioned the set's about 7 years old, so this is a Panasonic Plasma with a 10 blink code. The 10 blink code is universal for their sets and indicates a hardware failure in the TV. The most common failure points on the TV that cause this would be the Mainboard or the Power Board- which is on average a $300 repair with parts being rare or no longer available. However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up. The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.
If you're still having the same problem, and are looking to see if parts are in fact available or not, then I will need the full model number off of the back of the TV.
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.
Or if you're simply looking to see if the set is repairable, and if it's cost effective- then there's this. 7 years is on the cusp of the useful life of a Plasma. While it can be repaired- the average cost is between $300-$350 parts and labor (average- but can go higher). That said you're left with used/pulled boards to fix, and possibly another couple/few years out of the TV after that. Given a brand new 50" LED set can be purchased starting at $500- with a fresh warranty, it does not generally make sense to pursue this type of repair. However if you'd like to get another quote, or a second opinion, feel free to use the link below to locate and contact a shop in your area: http://www.tvrepairpros.com Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix. Feel free to reply back if you need more help, or want to reply back with more details. It does not cost you anything more to reply back once you've rated. Please do rate me positively (at least 3 STARS) and I will continue with you until this is sorted. The positive rating ensures I am credited for my work.
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?