Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I can't figure out what channel my Sylvania has to be set on

Customer Question

I can't figure out what channel my Sylvania has to be set on for the DVD Player
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The TV Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I went though all the channel's and nothing I masa sure I connected the DVD player cables right and still nothing
JA: Anything else I can tell the TV Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: I tried putting it back km video and its not letting me
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the TV Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
Hi , I`m JackPerhaps I can help you with this problem , a few questions coming up and please note that it may take a few minutes between replies;What type of cables /connection do you have between the dvd and tv ?Is it HDMI or color coded component cables ?
Expert:  Jack replied 6 months ago.
I would also require the tv`s model number on the back cover please ?
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
Hello, My name is ***** ***** I am a different expert. Please reply back with the model number off of the back of the TV as requested. Also are you using Red,White and Yellow RCA type cables?
Expert:  Aric replied 6 months ago.
On newer TV's you do not put the set on a channel. You instead change the "Input" the TV is on. You do this by using the TV's original remote and the "Input" or "Input select" button. First turn the DVD player on, then use the Input select button to click on then scroll to the "AV" or "Video" Input (whichever one you are plugged into). If you are still having troubles beyond this then please reply back with the info requested above so we can proceed. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. You can follow up at any time if needed.